What does Calcium bromide?
Calcium bromide is other wise called Calcium Dibromid, it’s having one Calcium particular and two bromide molecules.
Calcium Bromide is a white powder with no odor that is made from the calcium salt of hydro tropic acid, a volatile acid used to make other industrial compounds. Clear brine fluid is it, and also molecular formula is; CaBr2, which has a density of 14.2 lbs/gal . In oil and gas completion and drilling operations, Its combined with calcium chloride to render drill cuttings brine-free.
Usage of Calcium Dibromide
The major use for it is as a component of high-density clear drilling, completion work over, and packing fluids to control well bore pressures. As well as Calcium bromide finds other applications:
- In photography
- Sizing compounds
- As a food preservative
- In flame retardant blends
What does physical and Chemical properties of products
What ever Some main chemical properties of calcium bromide include:
- Heat of combustion
- Ph value
- Rate of radioactive decay and chemical stability
In addition it’s a white hygroscopic powder available in its anhydrous form .It’s density is 3.35 grams per liter and the melting point is 730 degrees C .it’s edge of boiling over is 1935C . It’s dissolvable in water, ethanol , methanol, and acetone , however it’s insoluble in natural solvents.
Benefits of bromide
- In fact It’s non-damaging to the formation
- Thermally and chemically stable
- It can be blended with other solutions containing bromides and chlorides
- And also it’s contains 52% by weight calcium bromide in solution
- It can used with calcium chloride brains and dry it to formulate non-damaging fluids of densities from 11.7 lbs/gal to 15.1 lbs/gal
Analysis and properties of Calcium bromide
Relatively soft metal
It can be beaten in to extremely thin sheets
Capable of being shaped or bent
Melting point is 842C
Boiling point is 1484C