GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF MONOETHYLENEGLYCOL (meg)
MONOETHYLENEGLYCOL produce from the reaction of ethylene oxide and water. It is fiscally clear, transparent and odorless liquid .In process of producing MEG two products can take, diethylene glycol (DEG) and triethylene glycol (TEG). It is an important raw material for the number of industrial applications including manufacturing of polyester fiber, fabrics and polyethylene terephthalate used to manufacture bottles. Other industrial uses comprise of being used as a coolant, heat transfer agents, antifreeze and also as a hydrate inhibitor in gas pipelines.
MEG formulation with water : C2H4O + H2O → HOCH2CH2OH
Appearance Clear, colorless liquid
Density 1.1132 g/cm3
Solubility: Soluble in most organic solvents
CAS Number: 107-21-1
UN number :3082
MONOETHYLENEGLYCOL MEG BENEFITS:
- Mechanical resistance
- Excellent dielectric properties
- Low hygroscopicity
MONOETHYLENEGLYCOL MEG INDUSTRYS :
industry including textile, automotive, paints & coatings, packaging etc which we decribe some of them as below :
- Polyester fibers, threads, films and polyester resins are produced from the reaction of meg
- widely used in the textile industry
- polyester films are used to produce photographic films,magnetic tapes and packaging.
- PET which is frequently used in the packaging of foodstuff and carbonated beverages.
- polyesterresins, alkyd resins, rosin esters and polyurethane resins.
- anti-freezing agent in emulsified resins.
- MONOETHYLENEGLYCOL known as alkyd resins, are used frequently in the industry of paints and varnishes.
- Wetting and plasticizing agents MONOETHYLENEGLYCOL can be used as wetting and plasticizing agent in theproduction of cellophane, glues and adhesives, textiles, printing ink, leather,cosmetics, paper and pharmaceutical products.
- Ethyleneglycols can also be used in the formulation of printing ink, in the
- treatment of gases, in the formulation of fire-resistant hydraulic fluids, in the
- formulation of cutting oils, in the formulation of surface polishers, in the
- formulations of agrochemicals, in the extraction of solvents, in the
- manufacture of pigmented pastes and putty for walls, and in the synthesis of
- MONOETHYLENEGLYCOL is used in industrial refrigeration circuits and internalcombustion engine coolant systems with the purpose of raising the boilingpoint and reducing the freezing point of the solution used.
MONOETHYLENEGLYCOL PACKING :
- plastic drum
- steel drum
- flexi bag