General description of carbon black
Carbone black is a black color powder categorised in two group of hard and soft which use in various of production has different name in market Acetylene black; Channel black; Furnace black; Lamp black; Thermal black which produce from heavy petroleum materials .almost all production of carbon black normally use in manufacturing of tire . carbon black is as a pigment and reinforcing phase in automobile tires. Carbon black also helps conduct heat away from the tread and belt area of the tire, reducing thermal damage and increasing tire life. About 20% of world production goes into belts, hoses, and other non-tire rubber goods. The balance is mainly used as a pigment in inks, coatings and plastics. During production carbon black add to polypropylene bcos it takes violet additives of carbon black. in photocopier and laser printer toner, and in other inks and paints. The high tinting strength and stability of carbon black has also provided use in coloring of resins and films.Carbon black has been used in various applications for electronics. A good conductor of electricity, carbon black is used as a filler mixed in plastics, elastomer, films, adhesives, and paintsIt is used as an antistatic additive agent in automobile fuel caps and pipes. It also use in coloring of labels of food which recently banned from European country’s and there is some ban against it .
Uses of carbon black
- Tire manufacturing mainly used to strengthen rubber in tires
- Coloring agent: carbon black is a strong colouring power in many industry
- Printing industry , Ink : Carbon Black is not only used as pigment but also to achieve the required viscosity for optimum print quality. Post-treating Carbon Black permits effective use of binding agents in ink for optimum system properties. New Specialty Carbon Blacks are being developed on an ongoing basis and contribute to the pace of innovation in non-impact printing.
- pigment for heat-molded plastics , polymer industry fine particle Carbon Black is used to obtain a deep jet black color. A major attribute of Carbon Black is its ability to absorb detrimental UV light and convert it into heat, thereby making polymers, such as polypropylene and polyethylene, more resistant to degradation by UV radiation from sunlight. Specialty Carbon Black is also used in polymer insulation for wires and cables. Specialty Carbon Black also improves the insulation properties of polystyrene, which is widely used in construction.
- car fenders
- coating for electric wires
- UV stabilizer
- Carbon Black as a conductive additive has been used in negative active mass (NAM) electrodes of automotive batteries and industrial batteries for several decades
- rubber compounding, natural and synthetic elastomers are blended with Carbon Black, elemental sulphur, processing oils and various organic processing chemicals, and then heated to produce a wide range of vulcanized rubber products. In these applications, Carbon Black provides reinforcement and improves resilience, tear-strength, conductivity and other physical properties
Jumbo bag / bag
During packing product control by magnet separator to check if there is any metal prices.