Shilajit is a mineral deposit that is made up of humus and decomposed plant remains. When these components get pressed between layers of rocks for millions of years, they are converted into a gummy substance that may be black, white or brown in colour, and resembles asphalt in appearance. When there is a crack in the rock, the material oozes out of it, and settles itself on the rocks. These are found in high altitude mountains. In Ayurveda, it is regarded as the strongest age fighting and rejuvenating component of the earth. In English, it is better known as the mineral pitch or Gilsonite. The name itself is a Sanskrit term that means “invincible rock”. This is because it is believed that it has the ability to any problem or ailment. The humic composition gives it the healing and health properties for which is known as the conqueror of mountains and destroyer of weakness.
Shilajit nutritive value
Research and analysis shows that Shilajit contains triterpenes, fulvic acid and humic acids. Other than that it is a rich source of minerals; which are preserved in their ionic form. That is why when it is consumed it becomes readily active, and starts its work.
Type of Shilajit
Although there are no distinct classifications, there mineral also varies according to the region from where it is cultivated. It is commonly found in the Himalayans, Caucasus and Australian mountains. The best and most beneficial type is scraped from the mountains of Nepal. This has high anti-oxidant content and bio-regenerative properties.
Benefit of Shilajit
According to Ayurvedic texts, this is effective for any problem, but the prominent advantages include:
- Anti-aging: the high energy and bio-generative properties promote cell regeneration, and proper maintenance of old cells.
- Rejuvenation properties: the regenerative properties are effective for problems like tissue degeneration.
- Energy synthesis: this promotes metabolism of proteins and vitamins; which results in high energy release.
- Blood purifications: it enhances the immune system and the circulation system.
- Increase in sexual potency: it strengthens the male reproductive systems, increases libido and helps avoid impotency and premature ejaculation.
- Prevents and cures diabetes: it maintains the blood sugar level.
- Solves bone related problems: it strengthens the bones, and solves problems like arthritis, joint pains etc.
- Spiritual enlightenment: the burst of energy opens all the blocked chakra points.