GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF MONOETHYLENE GLYCOL (meg)MONOETHYLENE GLYCOL MEG produce from the reaction of ethylene oxide and water. It is fiscally clear, transparent and odorless liquid .In process of producing MEG two products can take, diethylene glycol (DEG) and triethylene glycol (TEG). It is an important raw material for the number of industrial applications including manufacturing of polyester fiber, fabrics and polyethylene terephthalate used to manufacture bottles. Other industrial uses comprise of being used as a coolant, heat transfer agents, antifreeze and also as a hydrate inhibitor in gas pipelines. MEG formulation with water : C2H4O + H2O ? HOCH2CH2OH Appearance Clear, colorless liquid Odor Odorless Density 1.1132 g/cm3 Solubility: Soluble in most organic solvents CAS Number: 107-21-1 UN number :3082
MONOETHYLENE GLYCOL MEG BENEFITS
- Mechanical resistance
- Excellent dielectric properties
- Low hygroscopicity
MONOETHYLENE GLYCOL MEG INDUSTRYSindustry including textile, automotive, paints & coatings, packaging etc. which we describe some of them as below :
- Polyester fibers, threads, films and polyester resins are produced from the reaction of meg
- widely used in the textile industry
- polyester films are used to produce photographic films, magnetic tapes and packaging.
- PET which is frequently used in the packaging of foodstuff and carbonated beverages.
- polyester resins, alkyd resins, rosin esters and polyurethane resins.
- anti-freezing agent in emulsified resins.
- MONOETHYLENE GLYCOL known as alkyd resins, are used frequently in the industry of paints and varnishes.
- Wetting and plasticizing agents MONOETHYLENEGLYCOL can be used as wetting and plasticizing agent in the production of cellophane, glues and adhesives, textiles, printing ink, leather ,cosmetics, paper and pharmaceutical products.
- Ethylene glycols can also be used in the formulation of printing ink, in the
- treatment of gases, in the formulation of fire-resistant hydraulic fluids, in the
- formulation of cutting oils, in the formulation of surface polishers, in the
- formulations of agrochemicals, in the extraction of solvents, in the
- manufacture of pigmented pastes and putty for walls, and in the synthesis of
- MONOETHYLENE GLYCOL is used in industrial refrigeration circuits and internal combustion engine coolant systems with the purpose of raising the boiling point and reducing the freezing point of the solution used.
MONOETHYLENE GLYCOL PACKING :
- plastic drum
- steel drum
- flexi bag