What is Bitumen 60/70
Bitumen 60/70 means penetration of bitumen is between 60 to 70 and compare bitumen 80/100 which means penetration is between 80 to 100 is harder since needle penetrating less.This grade of bitumen is made by blowing of hot air to vacuum bottom and penetration between 160 to 220 which is very soft and as much as heating the raw material so bitumen will get hard and penetration will decrease.It is mostly using in road construction, paving and waterproofing also coating.
How you buy high quality bitumen 60/70?
Quality of bitumen has many items to check but after passing the penetration and you make sure it is in order with very simple test you can recognize the quality is good or bad:
- Less smell means low sulphur(somebody adding sulphur to bitumen to get weight)
- Viscosity in range(Somebody using vacuum resin instead of vacuum bottom and harm quality)
- Spot test must be negative( Simple factories heating by direct fire and burning the bitumen)
From which factory you have to buy bitumen 60/70?
There are four types of bitumen factories and investment cost and quality respectively different as below:
Bitumen factory with continuous production line
- If factory produce bitumen continuously the bitumen price is higher and quality is the best and TFOT and ageing test of bitumen also will pass (Our factory is producing base on continues technology)
Bitumen factory batching type with hot oil circulation heating system
- Batching production unit and using hot oil circulating technology in the blowning tower to prevent burning bitumen and just one point heating.TFOT test is not pass in this type of production!
Batching factory with direct heating
- Batching producing with direct heating but there is chance to burn and convert to coke and molecular chain of the bitumen change.
Bitumen factory blending type
- Blending production which is last option for the buyer since it has always problem on viscosity and the wax content is too high and very difficult to use in asphalt.
Packing of bitumen
1.Bitumen in drum.
a- It is 180 (+/-2.5) Kg New Steel Drum, Original Package,98cm heright,50cm diameter,10cm dip and 1cm lip also 0.6 mm thickness of Drum // Each 20” FCL: 110 Drums.
b- in 150 kg steel drum is 6cm height and 50cm diameter 110 drum per 20ft.It is exporting to Bangladesh and Myanmar market.
C- bitumen drum 200 and 210Kg with 57 diameter it is 91mm is height and 10Cm hole.
2. Bitumen in Jumbo bag
Bitumen in jumbo bag has several sizes:
380Kg bag and 63 bag per 20ft.
300Kg bag 80 bag per 20ft container
1000Kg bag per bag and 20 bags per container
1000Kg bag in steel frame and 20 jumbo per 20ft.
1300Kg super jumbo bag per in
3.Bitumen in metal tin can
bitumen packed in tin 35cm height and 18cm LxW
4. bitumen in bitutainer
22MT bitumen in bitutainer.
5. bitumen in bulk vessel
We can supply bitumen in bulk vessel in hot form from 1500MT to 70000MT.
6. Shipping the bitumen in truck tanker
There is two types of tanker with single and double layer tanker and take between 22 to 26MT and carry heating parts to melt the bitumen at destination.
Softening point and penetration of bitumen 60/70
Penetration grade bitumen supplied by us is pure petroleum grade bitumen, manufactured from vacuum bottom by passing hot air. The bitumen produced from remain of crude oil after cracking and removing hydrocarbon. Penetration grade bitumen 60/70 has penetration between 60~70 desi-millimeter and softening point between 48 ~ 52C. The material has a thermoplastic property which is like as synthetic resin material which gets softer with heating and hardens when cooled. This grade of bitumen 60/70 has very strong viscosity compare to other grades.
Ductility of bitumen 60/70
An asphalt composition having high ductility at low temperatures is obtained by hot-mixing asphalt and 3 to 7 wt. % of sulfur, based on the weight of asphalt, at temperatures below 300° F. Small amounts of rubber further increase the ductility.We recommend to add extender oil and we sell it in various viscosity 10 and 20 also 30-40.
Viscosity of 60/70
It is between 1600 to 2400.The viscosity of bitumen 60/70 penetration grade is the measure of its resistance to flow which affects resistance to deformation of the mixture. Wax content of bitumen effect in viscosity of bitumen directly and change the index too much so as much as less wax the flow and asphalt job is more easier.
Guaranty/warranty of bitumen
We guaranty the quality of bitumen 60/70 with arrangement of international inspector to check quality and quantity of the bitumen during the loading to vessel and controlling the production by QC by batch test report before shipping. ATDM guaranty the quality to meet with ASTM/EN 12591.
Specification and data sheet of penetration bitumen 60/70
Specific gravity @ 25/25 cg
Penetration @ 25 c
Softening point c
Ductility @25 c
Loss on heating(wt) %
Drop in penetration after heating %
Flash point c
Solubility is CS2(wt) %