Hard Wax Versis Soft Wax
all of different brands of waxes are in two main categories: hard wax and soft wax. Soft wax is what you usually think of body waxing. This wax is best suited for larger areas such as arms, legs, and armpit.
Hard wax is a little different. It is thicker and applied warm. Once the wax hardens, it is removed without the use of a strip. When waxing the face, hard wax is generally used. Additionally, it is our professional opinion that, when it comes to sensitive skin such as the bikini area, hard wax is also the best option. It attaches itself only to the hair, not the skin, reducing discomfort and minimizing the possibility of irritation.
Nevertheless, soft wax is ideal for Brazilian waxing. Because unlike traditional bikini waxing, where a small strip of hair is left on top, with Brazilian waxing, everything is taken off from the labia to the rear. This area in particular is extra sensitive for one reason: the hair is extra coarse because it grows in different directions, making soft wax more effective and less painful for patients.
Hard Wax benefits and weaknesses
• Hard wax is less painful than soft wax when used on the face .
• Hard wax can only be applied in small areas because it will break – it is not efficient to use on large areas of the body like legs.
• Hard wax leaves no sticky residue. It is very easy to clean up.
• Hard wax grabs shorter hair, eliminating the need to wax on the same area twice.
• Hard wax price is higher than soft wax it makes it less popular in regular salons.
• When using hard wax, the hair follicles and pores open up from the heat, making it much easier to pull the hair out.
Soft Wax benefits and weaknesses
• Soft wax adheres to skin more than hard wax, exfoliates skin more.
• Soft wax grabs fine hairs perfectly, working better on large areas of the body like legs comparing hard wax.
• Unlike hard wax, soft wax cannot be applied to the same spot twice because it removes layers of dead skin.
• Even if soft wax tends to be stickier than hard wax, there is no special preparation needed.
• Soft wax is much cheaper than hard wax
• soft wax is perfect for extra sensitive areas such as the armpits or a Brazilian wax because it is Less painful for most people .